Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday October 2, John 6.35-40

John 6.35-40


35 Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.36But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe.37Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and anyone who comes to me I will never drive away;38for I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me.39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.40This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life; and I will raise them up on the last day.’

Thoughts:  "Anyone who comes to me I will never drive away."   This is quite a wonderful piece of Gospel!   God in Jesus Christ has not hidden the Gospel only to be found by the wise nor has God made salvation the accomplishment of a few; but has opened salvation to everyone, anyone, you!   Friends might drive us away, but Christ will never abandon us.  NEVER.  Not even into the fires of hell will Jesus be detered for it is the will of God that everyone who believes in him might have eternal life.

Questions:  Do you think God has given all things to Christ?  If so what does verse 39 have to say about the salvation of the whole world?   While Christ will never drive us away, are we still free to walk away from Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment