Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Aesop in the desert

I'm here in Henderson, NV at Zumapalooza where I'm going to be an 'inspirational speaker' during lunch tomorrow.  My honor as Zumasys and the Giobbi family have been great supporters of OSLS.  I took a walk today to sort out my thoughts and I ran across these two iconic figures below.  Notice the Hare looking off to the distance--preoccupied.  The Tortoise has his foot lifted and his eyes fixed on the road ahead.  I had to think is it the distractions that are the Hares true undoing?  Those things that keep us from the race that has been appointed to us the real obstacle?  In this world that admires the Hare, may we have the strength to be more like the Tortoise.
See the front left foot of
the tortoise?  Sculpture
is iron filed rocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment